- Dog Beach: Estero Blvd on Fort Myers Beach. Just north of the New Pass Bridge.
- Fort Myers Dog Beach: 3410 Palm Beach Blvd. (Must have a copy of health records with you at all times)
- Lee County Off-Leash Dog Beach Park: Route 865, Fort Myers Beach. Dogs are allowed off-leash at this beach. Located South of Fort Myers Beach and north of Bonita Beach on Route 865. Parking is near New Pass Bridge.
- Lovers Key/Carl E. Johnson State Park: south of Fort Myers beach at 8700 Estero Blvd, between Big Carlos Pass and New Pass.
- Sanibel Causeway Beaches: Just pull off at any of the number of beaches lining the Sanibel causeway.
- Lighthouse Beach & Fishing Pier: Located on the eastern tip of Sanibel. Turn left on Periwinkle Way from Causeway Road.
- Gulfside City Park (Algier's Beach): Turn right onto Periwinkle Way, then left onto Casa Ybel Rd. Located at the other side of the island off of Algier's Lane.
- Tarpon Bay Beach: Located at the south end of Tarpon Bay Road at West Gulf Drive.
- Bowman's Beach: Long walk to the beach from the parking lot, or ride the train. Also has BBQ grills and trails to hike. Located off Sanibel-Captiva Rd, turn left on Bowman's Beach Road.
Friday, July 29, 2011
Dog Friendly Beaches